Friday, July 18, 2008

Maggie is a Bulldozer!

I'm trying to type a blog entry, Maggie keeps getting up underneath my chair. And moving. Each time she moves, my chair rolls further. Pretty soon, I'll be out the window and the dog will be in my place!

Just heard from Otter. She went shopping with Aunt Froggy today and on Sunday, Aunt Froggy is taking her to the zoo. She said that it's hot, but she's in S. Texas so that's about normal. It's warm here, too. But not quite as hot as it is there. She sounded tired, but she's been shopping all day with her aunt so I'm sure that she's not the only one who is exhausted.

It's been a long week. I'm glad that it's Friday evening. But I really wish that it was next Wednesday about 3:30! That's when Otter's plane gets in.

I made another change to my bathroom decorating plan. I decided against varnishing the switch plates. Two that I had already had a light finish on them, I decided to get another one and an outlet cover that matched them, so I don't have to mess with varnish. I put them in the bathroom today, and they actually look better than they would have if I'd varnished them. The varnish would have been too dark, they match the towel holders that are in there and it looks good. It's only taken me 4 years, but I am finally through with the bathroom! Which means that I need to find another redecorating project!

The bath set and decorative switch plate covers that came out of the bathroom are on eBay now. Hopefully, sombody will buy them. If not, I'll donate them.

Things that I've done this week: went to WalMart more than once (groceries and a couple of things we needed), made a donation run to Goodwill which means that I had to shop there as well (I found a book), I've read quite a bit, shopped at Hobby Lobby for more yarn, went with Bill to get the tires rotated on his van, went to the post office a couple of times, played with the dogs, treated Frasier's ears. I have not managed to get in the pool once this week, every time I try something comes up. We relisted a lot of stuff for our friend and that has taken a lot of time.

Now, I'm going to go vacuum. And then after that I'll probably have to go find Frasier and apologize to him for running the vacuum! He hates it.

When I'm finished vacuuming, I just might make it to the pool. Or maybe not, I might just park myself on the couch and read. I'm going to do some crochet work tomorrow, if I think about it. I also need to finish Froggy's small ceramic tree which might get done tomorrow.
TGIF!

No comments: