Monday, July 07, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a catch-up day. I got caught up at work, which even after being off for over a week only took me a couple of hours. I'm caught up on laundry, which was accomplished with today's load. I'm more caught up on sleep, which is a miracle in itself considering that Bill talked in his sleep last night. Actually, he yelled a few times in his sleep. Just yelled, not like a scream or even words. Just yelling. I think at one point he might have had one arm raised, like he was catching something or pointing at something. He didn't even remember his dreams this morning, so no idea what he was thinking was going on at the time.

I was caught up on sleep until last Thursday evening, when Bill first got sick. He spent most of Thursday night and the next couple having to get up frequently to go to the bathroom, thanks to his UTI. But he's pretty much over the symptoms now. I have an appointment for him on the 16th to follow up. He's still on the antibiotics, which I think are also responsible for his spot on his leg looking better. (The skin cancer spot).

Otter made her list of things to pack today for her Texas trip. She leaves Sunday. Bright and early! Her flight is at 8:30, so I think we need to be there about 6:30 or 7:00. I have to check with the airport to be sure. I also have to look into the carry-on regulations, she hopes to be able to take a snack or two on board. When Froggy came up here, it was on the same airline and she thought that passengers were unable to bring anything on board unless they purchased it after going through security. I don't expect to be able to go through security to the gate with her, but I will ask anyway. The worst they can do is say no. I know, she's 16 now and has down this a few times! But I'm her mother and it's still my job. You think I'm bad? I'm only a pale copy of the real overprotector in the house! That reminds me, I'd better make sure he gets her suitcase out of the attic. She is going to be packed on Friday. If not before, she's pretty eager. Can't imagine why! :)

Otter stayed home today, she got to sleep in and have a relaxed day. Not a Lazy Day, but a relaxed day. Lazy Days mean no chores, but today she did have a few things to do. Which she did without complaining. Well, Frasier might have complained when she ran the vacuum but we ignore him when he grumbles!

I've had to treat Frasier's ears several times in the last few days. Mostly, it's his left ear but they both get treated when one bothers him. I went to the vet today and got a different ear rinse. We'll see if it works. I hope so, because I don't want to have to take him in to the vet for his ears. There is not much that the vet can do, beyond what I am already doing. The vet did tell me that if he ever has to anesthetize Frasier, he'll see what he can do about his ears then. Even then, beyond a deep cleaning there isn't much that can be done because Frasier's ear problems are caused by the shape of his inner ear parts.

Froggy, I knew that you were going to acquire a new dog as soon as your son said that there was a dog at his fireworks stand. I was right! I think that Lucky is a very good name for her, she now has a home. The other option was that she be left there, as a stray and that would not have been much of a life for her. Or possibly not even a very long one. I'm glad that she came home with you. I have a very well-known soft spot for strays and homeless animals! Which Froggy can attest to.

I see Otter posted another installment on her web comic on her blog. She took my suggestion regarding the trolls, I'm glad to see.
Froggy, before I forget: I planted a new cactus in the planter I got at Atwood's when we went there the day you arrived. It's cute. I also planted another new cactus and another new plant in two other planters that I had. The stairstep plant stand has hens & chicks on the top, then the next two steps have cactus plants. It looks good, but Bill wants to fix the last step and repaint it before I put anything else on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am having a catch up week. I have a huge amount of weeding and deadheading to do. Last night we had a good size dead branch fall off the tree. Just missed the truck. Now I am finding out if we need to chop the tree down or what. I think it will be chop the tree down. Then we will need to plant another.
My kids seem to have inherited the take care of strays. I say that it passed me by.
Send pictures of your new plants.
Froggy