Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Think I'm Shopped Out!

We went to Hominy today. Hominy is about as small a town as it can get. We visited the cemetary where our grandparent's graves are. We tried to find our aunt and uncle's graves, but never could. We did find one that we looked for last year and missed, it's a grave in the Osage Indian section and has the Lord's Prayer inscribed in the Osage language.

We made a shopping stop after Hominy, at the junktique store in Skiatook. Which is a town just a little bigger than Hominy. I found a couple of things I was looking for, for once Froggy didn't find anything.

Then it was on to Woolaroc. Where we saw quite a few of these things:



And then we had lunch as soon as we arrived. See the above picture for an idea of what type of barbecue sandwiches we ate! Pretty good, actually.

We spent quite a bit of time in the museum, and Froggy did have a sucessful visit to the gift shop. So did Otter. We made a quick stop on the way home to look for something specific that Froggy wanted, but the store didn't have it.

We left the house about 8:30 this morning, we got home about 4:15. I used about 1/2 a tank of gas for this trip. It's not a trip I'll make very often, but I'm not going to wait another several years before I visit Hominy again. Or the store in Skiatook! Otter wants to go to Woolaroc more often, this is the third time we've been in the 15 years we've lived in Oklahoma - and the second one she remembers, as she was about 3 when we went the first time.

We had a wonderful day, but I am so tired! I think the pool might be calling me now. I'm not sure about Froggy, she might have decided on a cat nap. Which is also a very good idea.

Tomorrow, we might go to the mall. Froggy is looking for something specific and we might be able to find it there.

No comments: