Friday, July 25, 2008

Some Friday Stuff

Not much, just stuff!

Froggy, you mentioned Texas Parks and Wildlife Magazine. I just ordered a subscription to Texas Highways, which generally makes me really homesick but I like the magazine anyway. I might get Parks & Wildlife later on.

The rain cachement system doesn't look hard at all. We already have the rain gutters. We still might get it accomplished this year.

Interesting phone call this evening. From our tenant. It seems that the sheriff's department has left more than one note on their door that they had come by, looking for someone. Today they left another note, this time it had the name of the person that they want to talk to. They are looking for our previous tenant, the one who moved out a year ago. He moved back to NY, but then a few months back I got a call from someone wanting to verify rental history - it seems he moved back to Tulsa. We are wondering if he's been a bad boy, since the sheriff's department is trying to find him! I told the tenant that if the sheriff's department doesn't believe her to give them my phone number and I'll verify that he no longer lives there. We might not ever hear any more about it, though.

Otter and I had a nice swim this evening. The pool was almost warm, it was the perfect temperature and we really enjoyed it. We'll probably be in it longer tomorrow, since it's supposed to be 101 degrees. The last time we had the pool up and it was that hot, the water was actually too warm to swim in and we bought ice blocks to put in it. Which was kind of fun, reminded me of Dad and the watermelons. But the pool was in full sun then, it gets just the right amount of shade now.

Those are my thoughts for today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was always fun to have the watermelons in the pool. Then later we got to eat watermelon.
I really enjoy Texas Highways.
For the rain catchment I have to install gutters. I want to put them across the back of the house over the
patio and then have the rain barrel at one end of them. I think we will probably not get all of this done until next year. Froggy