Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday is Close to Friday

And I'm so ready for it to be Friday. But it's not yet, however it nearly is so I am happy about that.

This picture is from one of the cute animal sites, it's pretty much what Otter will be greeted with by a certain insane beagle I know.



The dog in the picture looks somewhat beagleish, too! Frasier will be glad to see her, but he's usually Mr. Cool when someone comes home after an absence. He pretends to be so aloof, but he's such a marshmallow.

I talked to Otter this morning. She called me last night, on the cell phone which was already turned off. So I called her back this morning and got her voice mail, so I left her a message. Then I called her grandmother's number and talked to her for a while, Otter was in the shower at the time so she had Otter call me back. Otter is enjoying her trip, she's been shopping and to the half-price book store quite a bit. She's going to see her Aunt Froggy tomorrow, no word yet from Toadly if he'll be seeing her or not. But he'd better, if he knows what's good for him!

I went to the library after work today, I always tease Otter about not getting a) more books than she can carry or b) her weight in books. However, I don't really have room to talk! Because I went with option a) today, more books than I could carry.

I'm making a change in the bathroom decor. I'm just going to hit the switchplates with varnish and be done with it. It will be quicker and easier, and also there is the benefit of not needing to be changed the next time I redecorate! Because there will be a next time. There always is. With Bill, it's injuries. But my "always will be a next time" is generally redecorating the bathroom. My first job was in a bath botique, but I already had the bathroom redcorating bug before that. It just refined it. Not that I'm complaining!

Froggy, I just realized that we never did make it to Keystone! We talked about it, but I think we tabled the discussion to decide on later. I guess we forget, because it's way past later. Well, at least you have an excuse to come see me again (well, one that doesn't involve Braum's or shopping).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All trips to see you involve Braums and shopping. We will see the dam next time. Your turn next year.
Is the quiet house getting to you yet?
Froggy