Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some Stuff From Today


Maggie Moo! She was watching me take my pictures, and when she found a place to park I took her picture. Frasier was out in the yard, or I would have got him, too. Now that the camera is put away, he's come back inside and he's right beside me. Sleeping on the floor. And Maggie is right next to him, also snoozing.



Sorry it's sideways! This is my Fenton basket that I got at Goodwill when Froggy was here. I think I paid $3.00 for this one. Let's just say I got a very good deal on it. It's also signed by the artist on the bottom.




This is also a find from when Froggy was here. I had been looking for a picnic basket to store my yarn and crochet stuff in. I didn't want to spend a lot, I wanted to stay around $5.00. I saw a few at the flea market but they were either too big or more than I wanted to pay. After the flea market, picking up Otter from church and junktique store, we went to a craft/flea that had just opened in the recent past but I'd never had time to go. I found my basket for $3.50, and it's just perfect. I might look for a couple more, they stack nicely and work great to store things in. Like my fabric & sewing supplies.


Bill brought this home today. It's my rain barrel. Again, sorry the picture is sideways! There is probably a way to rotate it, but I haven't found it yet. He got it today and it will be hooked up to the downspout soon. Bill's going to build a frame of some type to raise it up enough so that he can fix up a spigot near the bottom so it will be easier to get rain water out of it and I won't have to resort to a bucket. He said that the place he got it from also sold them with holes cut in the side, apparently a lot of people make dog houses from them.




This is the other thing I found in the yard today. Froggy, this one is just for you! It was hopping around in the vicinity of the dog's water dish, and it's probably the same one I had to take out of the garage the other day. I don't know if it got in the garage when I had the side door open the other day, or if it managed to get in the dog door flap. It's a nice sized frog, about the size of my palm. I saw him hopping around when I was taking the picture of the rain barrel.
Otter had her first day of driving lessons. She had classroom lessons today and will have them again tomorrow. She said she learned a lot, but she is tired. They had a few breaks and she also had a homework sheet, which she finished already.
I guess I'd better get this posted, Bill's hungry! It's going to be dinner out of a can tonight, I'm not in a cooking mood for once. Oh well, he won't complain - he likes canned stew! Be right back.
-----
(Later) Ok, we had dinner and now Bill is happy again! It was Dinty Moore canned stew, easy meal and very good. I'm still having problems with salad, every time I eat salad now I have an upset stomach. It's really frustrating! I've tried different ingredients, dressing, etc., and it doesn't matter - I just can't eat it lately! But the stew, while probably more fat than I normally eat, didn't bother me.
Otter is about to have a conniption fit! We just found a trailer for the new Harry Potter movie online. She's just finished (rapidly) texting her best friend about it - they are both rabid, there is no other word for it. This movie will be much darker than the early ones. They have been getting gradually darker, which follows the books and the story line. It still is one we'll see, and as Otter frequently reminds me - it's one that will get the full treatment. Popcorn, cokes, candy and tickets bought days in advance. Probably will see it at the IMAX, if it's there.
While I'm on the subject of movies, I see that The Day The Earth Stood Still is being remade. I'm really not sure if I like that idea or not. The original movie is so good. It would be very hard to top. But very easy to goof it up big-time. Which might be what they did, based on the trailer I saw. I'm reserving judgement for the moment. But I'm not getting my hopes up too high. After all, War of the Worlds original was and is a tremendous movie. Until Tom Cruise got ahold of it!
Can you tell I'm a sci-fi fan? And that I'm obsessed with the 50's era sci-fi? I like most of it, but that era is my favorite. Well, there is that little show from the 1960's, but you can't guess which one I mean! (No, not Lost In Space). :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the picnic basket! It's a Redman/Redmon basket. I have a couple and I'll warn you, they multiply like bunnies! LOL