Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Few Sunday Comments

First of all, I have to get something off my chest. I have seldom seen something this tacky, and it is absolutely infuriating. The Blue Star Mothers had a donation drive today, they were at WalMart just outside the door. As we were walking in the door of the store, I asked one of them if they were taking cash donations. She said yes, so I gave her what I had and then she said that SOMEONE HAD JUST STOLEN THEIR DONATION JAR. Right off the table. The police had just left, but the theif was long gone. I'd like to strangle the creep! That is just inexcusable. Utterly inexcusable. I don't believe in the non-Christian concept of karma, but what goes around does come around and they will get "theirs" sooner or later.

Otter and I ran a couple of errands this afternoon. She is going to a costume party on November 1. Since it's the day after Halloween, it's not being called a Halloween party but that's really what it is. She has a couple of costume ideas, so we went to a thrift store to see what she could come up with. Even when she was young enough to trick or treat, we seldom bought her a costume because we are all very crafty and we came up with some good costumes for her. When we did buy the basic costume, when we got through with our alterations and improvements it was totally different from when we bought it. This time is no exception, Otter wants to create her own costume for the party. We did buy a lot of stuff, but I'm not sure if any of it will actually be part of her costume! She now has two blazer-type jackets, one of which is really neat and might work well as part of the costume. It's black, it has long sleeves that are slightly full and the sleeves are laced-up. Not lace, but laced-up. She can (and will) wear it as regular clothing, also. She tried on a skirt and a blouse but they didn't fit. I now have two new skirts for winter, one is a heavier weight denim and the other one is black and is lined so it will be warm and it's also a wrap around. Both are pretty long, almost to my ankles. I love long skirts, they look so graceful. I also found a sleepshirt type gown, it's Winnie the Pooh and Froggy would love it. But it's mine, Froggy you can't have it!!! :) And several of the things we got were the 50% off # code that Goodwill has.

But the real find of the day is Otter's new winter jacket. She didn't want a long coat, she wanted a longer jacket style. And we found her one. It's very lightly worn, it was $25.00 and it's LEATHER. She has been wanting a leather jacket ever since I got mine a few years back. Actually, she's been lusting after mine in the hope that I would give it to her. Not going to happen! But now she has her own and it is a very good quality, very soft black leather and she will be very warm in it. It's got a zip-out liner and it's slightly too big on her. Since she's just about finished with her growth, she will get at least a few years of wear out of it. It was a real deal, but now I have to find something else to give her when she graduates from High School in 2011! :)

Froggy, no luck on the hummingbird beanie baby. We're still looking and we might eventually find one for you. I'll keep you posted on it.

Frasier has spent some of his afternoon out in the back yard, barking up at the trees. He might still be looking for yesterday's squirrel, or he might have seen another one today. At the moment, he's curled up at my feet. He is such a softie. No idea where the Magginator is at, but it's a safe bet that she's in the middle of Otter's bed.

Ok, back to my laundry now!

No comments: