Thursday, October 09, 2008

Quick Thursday!

This is just supposed to be a fast post, I have to take Otter to something at school tonight and we have to leave in 20 minutes. She's an usher at the school play, it's a requirement for her drama class. I pick her up at 9:30. So I will at least have time to get home and watch CSI tonight.

Froggy, around here TU means Tulsa University. UT means University of Tulsa. Same place, just different names. A & M sometimes means Oklahoma State University, as it was originally Oklahoma A & M. When people refer to the University of Texas it's generally just called Texas. I do support Texas A & M. I just am more of a Longhorn fan. And since the big game is this Saturday, I took one of my Longhorn t-shirts with me to work to change into after work. Then I went to the grocery store. I got a few odd looks, but not anything bad. The greeter at Wallyworld was funny, he asked me if it was ok if he rooted for the other team this weekend!

Froggy, daffodils do generally come back up each year. They also tend to spread, plant a couple this fall and they should be blooming early next spring. Then you can usually just leave them alone and they will be back, frequently in larger numbers. I have a few of them in the tulip bed, I usually (accidentally) unearth them when we are planting the tulip bulbs and it has never hurt them. Daffys are just about my favorite bulb flower.

I'm out of time!

No comments: