Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally Friday! About Time.

It was actually a fast week. It was just a very busy one. I was anxious for Friday to get here so we could get our flu shots and get it over with. We got them about 3:15, we got home around 4:00 and now (5:30) I am starting to feel not-so-good. I don't have a big reaction normally, just a few hours of feeling bad and then I'll be fine. But the important thing is that we are protected (hopefully!) from the flu for another season. The flu is not something that asthmatics deal well with. I don't think anybody ever deals well with it, but it is much worse when you have asthma.

Otter and I have an agreement that after she gets a shot, she gets ice cream. We started that when she was tiny and getting all those allergy shots she had to get regularly for about 5 years. It wasn't always ice cream, sometimes she just wanted to get a snack out of the machines at the snack bar in the building the doctor's office was in. Sometimes she would get a donut instead. Just fun things. But now that she's older, we decided a couple of years ago that I'm included now in the post-shot treats and that it would be ice cream. So we stopped at the grocery store, actually that's where the visiting nurse association was giving the shots, and we got birthday cake flavor for her and strawberry cheesecake flavor for me. And they are not the low-fat kind, I decided to really splurge tonight and have the real stuff. We'll probably even share it with Bill!

Although he might not have any room for ice cream. His favorite cookies are made by Mother's Cookies, he likes the frosted animal cookies. We heard on the news this morning that Mother's Cookies is going out of business. So he asked me to stock up. I bought all 8 bags that WalMart had this morning, then when we were at the other grocery store this afternoon I noticed that they have quite a few bags. But theirs are Halloween colors, which will taste the same - except to Bill! So I bought 3 bags of those, Otter gets one and that still leaves Bill 10 bags. He'll eat the Halloween cookies, but he'll gripe and complain and say that they don't taste the same. And then he'll eat everyone of them! I told him that they have to last a while, what was his reponse? Maybe until Sunday! :) I might get him a few more if I'm in the store in the near future - but I won't tell him about them. I'll hide them and he'll eventually find them but maybe not right away. I'd better hide them in different places!

We stopped at Subway to pick up dinner tonight. On flu shot days, I usually make it as easy on myself as I can. So that meant subs for all tonight. In a little while, I'm going to go get into some of that ice cream. It's calling my name. And it is getting louder! I don't want it to get lonely, so I'd better go answer it. Then I think I'm going to get into my pj's and park myself on the couch. I don't feel horrible, but I don't feel too good either.

No comments: