Saturday, October 11, 2008

It was a Great Saturday!

I got to sleep late, we had a nice relaxing breakfast, Otter and I took the dogs for a walk, I made two loaves of bread, we enjoyed the movie we watched, and OH YEAH - TEXAS BEAT OKLAHOMA 45 - 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only saw bits and pieces of the game, we don't really watch tv on Saturdays so I turned it on right before we walked the dogs and it was in the second half at that point. And Texas was behind. Then after we took our walk I checked again and we were still behind but both teams had higher scores. Then I took a shower and checked after that, I saw the last few minutes of the game and we were behind but we got a touchdown that put us ahead. Then I turned the tv off, then turned it on again a few minutes later and watched the last 20 seconds. Which lasted about a minute with the time outs, but it was a foregone conclusion at that point that Texas was about to win and OU was not. So it was a very good day! We did put our Texas flag out this morning and it was beautiful, blowing in the breeze we had. Bill took the flag down late in the afternoon. I think that most of our neighbors probably already know what side of the river we are on regarding this particular competition, since we fly the Texas flag quite a bit. Our neighbor to the east is from Kansas, he jokingly asked Bill if we were going to watch the game and who we would be rooting for. He's a nice guy, it was all in fun. I've been wearing my Texas Longhorn t-shirts non-stop for days, I will make a point of wearing one tomorrow when we run a few errands we have planned.
We watched Iron Man today. It was better than I expected, it was actually pretty good. And I think it set up for a sequel. There is a bonus scene at the end of the credits. It's my turn to pick a movie next Saturday, I'm currently leaning towards Chipmunks. But it might change several times between now and then.
I tried a new recipe in the bread machine today. Carrot bread. The recipe calls for shredded carrots, obviously. But it also has orange juice as well as nutmeg and allspice. I was expecting a sweet bread but it's actually more of a spice than sweet. It's very good. I also made a lof of plain white breat for Otter, she's allergic to carrots so she can't eat the carrot bread. I don't think that I let the bread machine cool down enough before starting the second loaf, because when it finished the rise cycle the dough was pushing the lid up on the machine! The loaf turned out good, it's just very big and the top caved in slightly which happens when the dough rises all the way up and then can't go any farther.
Did I mention that Texas beat Oklahoma today? :)

No comments: