Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Feature!

I'm going to try something. It's called Whine Wednesdays. If anybody has anything they want to whine about, email me! And I'll post it - as long as it is family friendly and not against Christianity. However, as it is my blog I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone! Specifically, politics will be refused most likely. If I edit anyone's comments, I'll indicate it. If you don't have my email address, you can leave it as a comment on here but please indicate that it's for Whine Wednesday if you want me to post it as a blog entry. One more thing: watch your language! Profanity will not be accepted. I quit using it myself several years ago and I don't like it. But you don't have to be politically correct.

One of my blog buddies has Wordless Wednesday where she posts pictures but no words. I like the idea of it, but I decided to go with Whine Wednesdays instead. It was easy to come up with a name and a subject - there is a liquor store that has Wine Wednesday where they have wine on sale on Wednesdays. I think that it's a great name, I just changed it to Whine instead of Wine.

Neighbor update: No more dog incursions, but they are very strange people. Bill waved at her yesterday and she turned her back and I'm convinced that she pretended not to see him. She did the same thing to me this morning. Odd, to say the least. And the rest of the story regarding the dog she rescued - her words were actually that she stole the animal. It had been left at a house and the people moved out, but someone was feeding it.

I put the second coat of Kilz on the frame for the rain barrel tonight. Bill's going to look at it tomorrow and tell me if he thinks I need to put another coat of Kilz on it, or if I can start the actual paint. I'll still have to hit it with Kilz in the morning, the side that is currently down on the garage floor will need to get it's second coat of Kilz. Since it could rain and my rain barrel is not set up yet, I put my watering can out on the deck and if it does rain I'll use it to water my plants tomorrow.

Bill's finally figured out to do with some of what we call his Useless Collection. He collects shot glasses. We are not big drinkers, but that's what he chose to collect. We call it the Useless Collection because very few of them ever actually get used. He has billions and billions! Otter and I find them for him when we go on vacations, we've found some at thrift stores, just about every place. Some of his collection were in boxes we got at auctions. He has some very unusual ones, some are naughty, some of them are really neat. Since so many of them came from thrift stores & auctions, he has shot glasses from places he's never been and probably will never go to. They take up an entire drawer of my china cabinet, and it's a pretty big drawer. They are stored in one of the kitchen cabinets and are now taking up two shelves. He had some scrap wood that was being thrown out where he works and he used it to make a display case. Creative recycling is what we call that. He's nearly finished with the case. It will have two shelves and he's going to put it over the window in the office room. However, he has so many shot glasses that they won't all fit but it will at least give me some of my kitchen cabinet back! Until he gets more, that is. There will be more, I'm convinced that those things multiply like rabbits! :)
I went to Walgreen's for a few things, but the first thing on the list was baby oil so we could treat the tulip bed ahead of tonight/tomorrow's expected rain. I also bought milk and a couple of things with the coupons from their ad in Sunday's paper. So what did I come home without? Baby oil! Well, I guess it gives me an excuse to go back there tomorrow. The tulip bed will be fine, I just wanted to get it treated before the rain. But it won't affect it. We bought tulips at Lowe's last night. I think Otter wound up with 48 bulbs, 4 dozen. She picked out black, red, yellow and pink. I think that's all the colors but I don't remember for sure. The bulbs are in the dining room on the butler's cart I use as a plant stand and I'm in the office room which is at the opposite end of the house. Since my heel is bothering me tonight, I'm not going to walk in there and then come all the way back here. If I'm wrong, I might correct it with the next blog entry. Maybe, if I think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like whine Wednesday. The only thing that I can think of to whine about is no emails from Toadles and no visit from him either. Froggy