Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Some Mid-Week Thoughts

I like Wednesdays. It's very easy to figure out why - because Friday is the day after tomorrow. Yeah, I know - but it works for me. It makes the week seem not so long as it does on Mondays.

I watched part of the debate last night. I heard something very interesting. Obama said that he WOULD drill offshore. I wonder what kind of shoes he was wearing? Flip flops maybe? Other than that, I wasn't really impressed with either of them.

It was very nice this morning. It was 45 degrees when I got up at 5:00. Glad I brought the cactus in when I did. I watered the outside plants very well this morning, they will be coming inside in a few days. After they've been well checked for stowaways! There are only two still out there, everything else is either inside already or tossed in a couple of cases. I'm out of places to put them, I'll have to do some creative rearranging.

We probably need to get our tulip bulbs soon, they will need to be planted in a few weeks. I guess we'd better also get busy with the tulip bed. It will need to be weeded (again) and treated. I'm also going to move a few more iris bulbs and plant bluebonnet seeds in the whiskey barrel.

Jan/Azbax, I hope that you keep visiting my blog! Miss hearing from you, girl. Email me now and then, please.

Froggy, you can't be for OU. You can be for another Texas team, but you CAN NOT BE FOR OU AND STILL CONSIDER YOURSELF A TEXAN. Especially after OU kicked A & M's rear end last weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm not for OU, but I am not for tu (longhorns) either.
Supposedly daffodils are good bulbs for here. They may even come up more than one year. So I am going to go buy some daffodil bulbs. I have my tulip bulbs in the frig.
I want some marron bonnets and some bluebonnets also.
It is still to early here to have to put the plants up for the winter
Froggy