Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Again!

Baby Wednesday? Sorry, couldn't resist that one. I think the whole Baby Friday thing is kind of stupid. Just say the name of the day, for Pete's sake!

Another thing. Why do we always say for Pete's sake? Who is Pete anyway! Nobody I know, that's for sure.

We did not have to sleep in the living room last night. Otter went to bed on time and was better but she still sounded kind of ragged this morning. The decision has not been made yet, Bill and I did talk about it a little bit last night though.

But we did come to another decision. We are going to have to replace our dishwasher! Hubby replaced the door seal, and it stopped leaking. For about 2 days, then it started leaking again. He checked it last night and said that it's hopeless. It's not going to be replaced right away, I'll just keep putting a towel down on the floor when I run it. I might see about pulling it out a little bit so we can see if it's leaking underneath, but the water does seem to be coming from the base of the door. I'm not sure how old it is, we've been in this house for 4 years now and I think that Darlene bought it at least a few years before that. It's been used a lot. I just would prefer not having to deal with buying a new one at the moment.

There is not a whole lot going on around my house right now. Bill has been selling the shirts we got at last June's auction, he's been taking them to work and several other employees have purchased them. Our next door neighbor, Chris, came over to talk hydrogen generators with Bill last night and he bought a few shirts as well. He also bought some of the kid size hooded jackets that we got at that same auction. At this rate, there might not be anything left to put on eBay! Which I really wouldn't mind, by the way.

This is the 25th anniversary of when Bill and I met. Which was one week after Froggy's wedding, so Happy Anniversary Froggy and Uncle Froggy! Sorry I'm late. Anyway, Bill wanted to know if I had anything special planned for dinner tonight so I decided to make enchiladas. Also refried beans and my nuclear rice. Nuclear Rice is what Otter calls my Spanish rice. Mom taught me her recipe, but I add quite a bit more chili powder to it than she ever did. Combined with rotel tomatos, it can be a tad bit on the spicey side! Which is probably why we like it so much.

Frasier says that it's time for me to stop typing and pay attention to him. He's attempting to act like he's unloved, but we both know that he's spoiled rotten! And so is Maggie, just so there's no doubt!

No comments: