Thursday, February 05, 2009

Before Froggy & Otter Get On Me About It,

I know I missed a day of blogging!

Believe it or not, but my world does NOT revolve around this blog.

It revolves around chocolate.

Well, not really. God, Bill and Otter are pretty much what my world revolves around, but chocolate is up there pretty high. Maybe even higher than Bill, some days...

Anyway. Back to reality. Today's reality included a migraine. This is the 2nd one in 2 weeks. I sure hope that I'm not about to start getting them on a regular basis again. Because I don't really think I can stand that. They were extremely bad, when they were frequent. But unless I have a couple more of them in the near future, this is probably just a fluke that I had one and then another one just slightly less than 2 weeks later. Or at least I hope that's all it is.

Otter has been dressing Maggie up in her bandana just about every day. Maggie seems to like it, she actually acts kind of sad when we take them off of her. I think Otter's going to try her sewing skills out on a costume for her dog. We put one of Otter's outgrown nightgowns on the dog the other day, she seemed very happy. She was bouncier than normal and that tail went about a million miles a minute. She was owned by a very old lady before, we think that maybe her previous Mom must have dressed her up a lot. Frasier, on the other hand, has zero interest in anything like that. Which is good, because I would probably have an evil moment and he'd be girlied up! (Insert evil grin here).

I haven't done anything else to the bathroom since my last post. I will probably paint the trash can this weekend, since I don't have a pile of books waiting on me for Saturday. I don't think it will take more than a few hours including paint drying time, since I'm probably just going to go with white and then the decals. Same thing for the box to store my ear plugs in. Although it might still be another color besides white, I'll have to look through my paints and see what I can come up with. I have a lot of paints, so it may take me a while to decide. It is supposed to be in the low 70's this weekend, possible rain on Sunday, but nice & warm so I will be able to sit out in the garage at my work bench without freezing or it being too cold for the paint.

Then after I'm finished with the bathroom, I'll get back to the kitchen & dining room. That particular project is coming along nicely, I have several "well-used" tools up on the wall, but I still have plenty of space for more. To the flea market!
Well, the flea market will probably have to wait a week or so. Otter and her friend have a project for school that they are going to work on Sunday afternoon. So I will probably have to wait on the flea market, but I could possibly hit a thrift store or two before that. The problem with thrift stores is that I'm looking for vintage items with a hint (or more) of rust or use marks and those are hard to find at thrift stores. Junk stores is what my parents used to call the type of store I need to shop at for my kitchen project. At least it will be garage sale season around here soon.
It's also be spring around here soon, but we aren't really discussing that yet. At least not the part of spring that this area is known for, anyway.
Speaking of spring, there are two things I noticed yesterday. One, the daffodils are starting to poke through the dirt. No tulips yet, but it's a little bit early for them. The other thing is that I saw the first Robin of the year yesterday. That always means that spring is just right around the corner. Spring flowers, good. Spring weather, BAD. No sign of bluebonnets yet, but it is several weeks early. I hope that they come back this year, and also that the seeds we planted that were from the naturalized ones come up. So think good thoughts that I get 'bonnets this year! Because a year without them is very hard on this Texan. On all of us misplaced Texans, actually. (Yes, Froggy - I do hear Dad whispering in my ear right now. And I'll just bet that you can tell me exactly what he is saying). :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He would be saying "when are you moving back to SA?" He did not like the spring storms.

IF the migraines keep coming you need
to go to the Dr. Maybe age has something go do with it?

You have us spoiled and we expect a blog every day.
Froggy