Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the quilt that I started years and years ago. At least, I'm finished with the top. I have to go buy batting and the backing fabric, but I'm done with the main part of the quilt. We might get to the fabric place tomorrow when we go to the library and probably thrift stores, but soon anyway. Then it won't take that long to completely finish up. Otter likes it, and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. We spread it out on her bed and it will actually work for a bigger bed as well. She says that she does want dark blue fabric for the backing. Then I think I'll use blue yarn on the front. Yes, I will post pictures. But it's not at that stage yet.

It was a nice Valentine's Day. Bill loved the roast, but then he generally does. He liked the chocolate I got him and the video game. Otter loved the video games and non-chocolate candy we got her. And I really liked my surprise present from Bill. Besides the chocolate, he got me something I've wanted for a while - an MP3 player! It's not an Ipod, but it's the same thing. Just a different brand. And a lot cheaper. I've been busy uploading all my cd's to it. My car stereo is equipped with an input jack so I can plug it in there and listen to my music through the car's speakers. Happy, happy! But I need to get a few more cd's, I don't have anything within the last few years since I didn't have a cd player in the car. So I think I need to take a page from Otter's book and go get more music! And a headset, the ear buds that came with it are not the easiest things on the ears.

We rented a movie, The Miracle of St. Anna. It was not exactly what we expected. The basic story was good, but it could have been told in a lot less time. It was edited choppily and the acting wasn't that good. It was ok, rated R because of a couple of brief adult scenes and the language. And one I think we would have been very disappointed with at theater price.

The prom is next Saturday. Otter is going to get a haircut Tuesday or Wednesday. Then she's getting a manicure, which we will probably go get on Friday after school/work. We thought about going on Saturday, but sometimes there is a line and we decided not to wait until the last minute. I have her dress pinned up part of the way, I will finish that and get it hemmed up probably tomorrow.

Froggy, the box is packed & ready for shipping. I think that UPS is open on Monday, that is probably how I'll send it to you. I think you'll enjoy all the hummers, hopefully Uncle Crazy will enjoy the surprise of coming home to redecorating! :)

No comments: