Friday, February 20, 2009

Fast Friday

I only have about 40 minutes until sundown as I type, so I'm typing fast! Which is normal for me. My younger boss needed me to type a letter for him yesterday. He had part of it written out, but he was stuck on composing it. So I typed it up for him, I fixed what he'd done already and then he stood beside my desk and dictated. And then he told me that I needed to stop typing so he could catch up, because he said he couldn't even think that fast. I'm quick.
Anyway...

The prom dress did and did not get hemmed last night. I hemmed quite a bit of it, by hand. But then I stopped and looked at it and it looked really bad. So I pulled it all out, and I'm going to get my sewing machine out in the morning. It won't take me that long to do it, but I am going to recheck my measurements at least on the part that I did by hand last night. The reason I wanted to do this job by hand is that the fabric is stretchy, and the skirt gets fuller towards the bottom. I'll just sew slowly! And yes, I will take pictures once she's ready to go. I took her for the manicure today after school, her nails look great and they should last well past tomorrow evening. When we get manicures at the place we went to today, I think they must use industrial strength polish because it lasts and lasts and lasts.

It was in the low 70's today, very nice day. Which will make tomorrow's cold feel even colder. Well, I brought in firewood and we have plenty of blankets so I'm not worried!

We took advantage of Subway's $5.00 Footlongs today. Otter and I stopped after the manicure. A footlong sub is a lot of sandwich, so they will probably be two meals. Well, Otter's will and mine probably will. But Bill's won't last that long, he'll polish it off in one sitting!

I'm out of time. I want to get my shoes off and find my comfy pj's, then I think I'm going to go read the paper and keep the couch from flying to the ceiling until it's time for Battlestar Galactica to come on. Which I think is 9:00. I am tired, I hope I make it that long! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to see the pictures of the "prom." I hope she has a great time, sounds like it should be fun

KN3 (Kid Number 3)