Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Monday of February Already!

It seems like it should still be early January, and February is nearly over already. This year is shaping up to be a fast one, like last year. I don't particularly want it to be fast but it looks like it's going to be. At least the first two months have been.

I see that Maggie has been busy. She seems to like everything. We took her and Frasier for a short walk, it was getting colder and the wind was picking up so it wasn't a long walk. And my lungs are strange, which probably means that the walk was a bad idea but we (and the dogs) needed the excercise.

After Otter and I talked about it, we've decided to donate the prom dress instead of putting it on eBay. She really likes the idea that maybe some other girl can enjoy it, who might not be able to afford a nice dress. So I'll take it in the next couple of days. Otter did look beautiful in it. But then, she always looks beautiful.

We have officially decided to have a home vacation this summer. We had discussed a Texas trip, but have decided against it. So, if anybody wants to come see us - the road runs both ways, you know!

And FutureJediMom has finally admitted that yes, they are Star Wars inspired when it comes to naming their children! The newest one is Benjamin. (Ben Kenobi, Obi-Wan). But we still think it should have been Chewbacca! Although I think Toadly said that he wanted Jar-Jar Binks.

I think I'm finally finished with the bedroom/bathroom redecorating. I still have to finish up the trash can for the bathroom, but part of the reason it's taking so long is that the decals are not sticking very well. They are coming loose on the edges and curling up. I have had to resort to glue to keep them on in places. But that's all I have to do, really. I bought new curtains for the bedroom, they are sheer white with floral details and are very pretty. I moved the existing green ones to the inside of the window since the sheers don't give any privacy at all and wouldn't block out the street light that shines right into our window. I'm pleased with the way the curtains look with the green ones behind them. I just have to remember to open the green ones in the mornings so the plants get enough light. Bill thinks I'll forget, but I'm going to prove him wrong on that one! I'm also happy with the way we've arranged the bedroom now. Frasier figured out pretty quickly which side of the bed is Bill's. He goes to Bill's side and "talks" until Bill gets up. This morning, I heard him making noises from the floor on Bill's side. Oops, I just remembered - I am not finished with the bathroom yet! I still need to find a drinking glass. I know what I want, Fenton of course (what else is there, really?), but it's hard to find. I have seen a couple of them on eBay and will probably buy it there. But I don't want to pay more than a certain amount, including shipping.

Now I am going to get the kitchen finished up. It's just about done, I just have a few things I'm thinking about with my decorations. I have an idea for the coookie cutters that used to be Mom's and Aunt Jessie's, but I need a few more first to make it work. I'm not sure if I have enough antique gadgets or not, I need to attach the rest of the ones I do have to the walls and then see where I stand. Then, when it's all finished, I'm going to see about replacing my dishes. I still like the set I have, but over the years some of them have gotten broken and we really do need more plates.

The set I have is by Corelle, it's the ivy pattern and is very pretty. But it was discontinued a few years ago so I'm probably going to have to go with something else entirely. But I'm not there yet. However, if I do get a new set(s) I think I will probably skip the salt & pepper shakers since I have the Fenton set. I might just go with a solid color that goes with lots of different things, but like I said - I'm not there yet. If I do go with a solid color, I might just get one set and use it with the ivy plates. But I still intend to use my Fenton salt shaker set. Although Otter probably hopes that I don't, considering how many things she's broken! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep the road does run both ways.
This is mostly for bro. I keep telling him to go visit. Maybe if you tell him he could ride the train there and back it would get him there. Froggy