Sunday, February 01, 2009

I've Been Cleaning. Now It's Time To Go Shopping!

Otter has been doing inside chores involving cleaning. I did some kitchen cleaning & started laundry when I got up at 5:30 this morning, although I was hoping to sleep late. But the bulk of what I've been doing has involved the garage. Bill cleaned out & organized (yeah, I know, but he really did organize) a good size corner area in the garage, but since it mostly involved putting things on shelves you can't really tell. But we can. But he did get a lot done and I'm happy about it.

My garage cleaning involved taking everything off of the 5-shelf unit next to my work bench, pulling the shelf unit out and cleaning under/behind it, then I pulled up the carpet in the dog's area, removed the block that keeps them out of the rest of the garage and cleaned their area. Then I moved my shelf back in place and put everything back on it. Well, not everything. I have a nice big stack of stuff that needs to be put up in the attic. But I reorganized the stuff I put back on the shelf and also filled up a trash can. I am going to go through my craft shelves again, I know that some of the stuff I put back on it will need to be stored in the attic or gotten rid of. But I was at the point where I was ready to chuck it all! Which means that it is time to stop.

Eventually, hopefully soon, Bill is going to get rid of one of the rows of 5-shelf units in the garage and that means that I'll have to find a new home for my planting & bird house/feeder equipment. Which I'm thinking will fit nicely on my craft shelf, I just was too tired to deal with it today. Also, it was dusty out there and my lungs have been iffy all week. But I will probably get on that pretty soon.

When he does get finished and the row of shelves has been removed, he will then have room to move all his big tools (table saw, etc.) to where he was working today. At the moment, I have a trail between two rows of shelves where I can bring groceries in from the car to the kitchen. When he gets the big tools moved, I won't have to worry about walking through a narrow walkway while carrying grocery bags.

Decorating Bug update: I am using one of my Fenton bud vases to hold the toothbrushes. The Fenton cigarette box is holding q-tips, just like it did before. The lid has been taken off of the cigarette box and turned upside down so that the flat side is facing up and that is what I'm using as a soap dish. Although that might change. I'm going to clean out one of the non-Fenton vases that I've previously posted on here and that is going to be the listerine holder, I have several corks and I just need to find one to fit the vase. I have a non-Fenton short candle holder that I originally bought to use as a ring holder in the bathroom, and it's now back in there. I still need a drinking glass, and I think I'm going to see about another shot glass to use with the listerine set up. I'm going to use roses as my color choice in there, so I will see if I can find a shot glass with a rose pattern which probably won't be hard since they are decorated with just about anything you can imagine and probably some things you can't! Also, I have a rose decorated ceramic holder for toothpaste that I've had for years and years and years and years. It's now back in use. There are two small paintings of pink flowers that Bill's mom did many years ago, they are going to be on the wall in the bathroom as soon as I get off my behind and go get them! Then all I have to do is decide about one other thing - the picture of palm trees that is above the light in the bathroom. Bill built the frame for it, and I think I'll see if I can find something floral to put in it's place. Preferably roses, but I might decide on something else if the colors are right. Then in the next several days, I'll get busy and get the palm tree stuff on eBay.

Then I can get back to the kitchen project. Which has now expanded to include the dining room. Froggy, you are probably going to get A LOT of hummingbird stuff out of this!

I took a trunk load of stuff to the recycling center before I got started on my garage project. Now, I think it's time to go shopping. Michaels, here I come! And also Hancock Fabrics. Some people chose to watch football today. I choose to go contribute to the economy. I think I'll have more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get the hummingbird stuff.
I have started my kitchen curtains but have not finished them. I discovered that my sewing machine has embroidery stitches on it. I am going to practice with these and then use some on the edges of my curtains. I plan to finish my curtains this month.
I also, thanks to a unnamed dog, have to redo a recliner. I bought the foam and now have to staple it in place and then find a cover to put over it. I may end up redoing the whole chair. If I redo one chair then I need to redo the other chair. Then there is the motorcycle seat that has to be redone. I am going to a foam products store tomorrow to look at foam. The local craft and material stores do not carry the right kind of foam. Froggy