Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Rest of Sunday

The trash can is painted! But the decals are not on it yet. I found a dusty rose color that I thought would look very nice. And I just barely had enough paint to finish. Actually, I didn't quite have enough - the outside has two coats but the inside has one coat and the bottom will have to be painted another color entirely. But the part that will be visible, the outside, is what counts. I might get the decals on tonight, but I'll probably leave it for a day or two so the paint can cure into the wood.

I also painted the paper box, I went with what I thought was a dark green but it turned out to be quite a bit brighter than I thought. I've decided to just deal with it, as I tell Otter, and not worry about the color. It will have roses on it anyway, so I'm not really worried about the green not being exactly what I expected when it dried.

Among other things, Otter and I filled in a few holes that the dogs dug. Including the one that Frasier was nearly disappearing into yesterday. It was really deep. We filled in several smaller areas and as much of the big hole as we could. But it's not totally filled in, however it is more shallow than it was.

I moved the majority of my plant stuff off of the shelf unit that Bill is going to do away with. Otter and I cleaned house, pretty much top to bottom - I thought that I only had a couple of things, but when I get going with cleaning I can't always stop! Otter hates when that happens! I have also done laundry, and since my dryer is going out it takes twice as long to dry a load as it should so even though I only had about 4 loads, it's taken me all day to get it done. Getting the clothing put up might take me a while, I don't mind most household chores but I do not like doing laundry!

Frasier's ears are definetely bothering him again. He was on his blanket this morning when he started rubbing one ear on the floor, then he started rubbing that same ear with his foot. All I had to do was look at him, and he knew what I was going to do because he took off out the dog door as fast as he could go! Eventually he came back in, I was sitting on the couch and he put his head in my lap. Otter brought me the ear rinse and as soon as he saw it he tried to get away. I was prepared for him to run, I had ahold of his collar and as soon as he realized he was trapped he kind of sighed and went right to the floor with a resigned expression on his face. As soon as I was finished, he got up (shook all over me) and ran to the treat can. Spoiled brat! I will have to treat his ears the next several days. Also, he's due for his shots and I'm going to try to get in this week. Which I'm sure will just make him so happy! (Not really).

I had planned on getting some sewing done, but ran out of time. My arms are also sore, thanks to being on the business end of a shovel and hoe this morning. I think I hear a hot shower calling my name, then possibly a motrin and early bed. I'm tired!

No comments: