Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DuhWannas

Ever have the DuhWannas? You know, where you Don't Wanna Do Anything. We all seem to have the DuhWannas this week. I have a bunch of things I need to do and a few things I'd like to do. But I just can't seem to find the energy or inspiration. I'm blaming it on the fact that it's February. Or because it's Wednesday. Or because the beagle is crazy and the coyotedog is lazy. Or whatever else I can think of at the moment!

So I've decided to just go with the flow. The sky isn't going to fall if I don't get everything done that I thought I would this week. The trash can is still waiting to be painted the rest of the way and so is the paper box. The box of hummingbirds is still waiting to be gone through, packed and shipped. The _______ for Toadles is still waiting on ________ before it's ready to be sent to him. I also have stuff for Robyn, but Toadles _________ still needs to be _________ before it's ready. (Toadles - Froggy and I have something in the works for you. Be afraid. Be very afraid.) There are several other things, but they involve stuff like vacuuming and other household chores. I think maybe the Borg Queen is on vacation this week, because she's sure not here! Of course, she WAS here on Sunday and drive Otter nuts. But she usually does that. Insert evil grin here.

But I think the DuhWannas is just about over. I suddenly have an urge to get up off my behind and get something done. But, like Toadles says, if I wait long enough the urge will go away! :)

Otter and I did get something done after work/school today. We went shopping. We went to two stores on Main Street in our little town. The place where I found the picnic basket and boatloads of Fenton, - I found one gadget for my kitchen and discovered Froggy's new collection. More on that in a minute. And the other store, where Froggy and I found ponies for Otter to refurbish as well as my stair-step plant stand. I found a whole bunch of gadgets there and also a few more cookie cutters within my price range (also known as cheap!). I might have enough to finish up the kitchen, but I won't know that for sure until I start sticking things on the walls. To do that, I need to drive a few nails and then see how it looks. I might get that done Saturday or Sunday.

And, believe it or not, I did not buy any Fenton today. I saw several pieces, some of it was actually well within my price range (remember, I'm cheap when it comes to that stuff. Usually.) But none of it spoke to me. So I left it there. Although there are a couple of things I'm thinking about going back for.

OK, here's the deal with Froggy's new collection. She seems to collect dogs, or at least she collected one that Scooter found last year when he was running his firework stand. (Scooter, if you want a different blog name you'd better tell me and make it soon. It can't be your real name, and it has to be polite.) But I think she needs to collect something else. I told her I'd start it for her, but neither one of us could come up with something. Then I walked past a display of crocheted pot holders. I suggested that and Froggy seems to like the idea. So, by default, Froggy will be collecting crocheted pot holders. Froggy, at least your collection will be useful! I am going to get it started for you. In the near future. What you do with them is your business, you can use them, display them, donate them - whatever! But I'm going to have fun getting you started. And it might even get me motivated to use up some of that yarn that has taken over the closet.

And I've forgotten what else I wanted to say. It was something rambling, but beyond that I don't remember.

But there are serious things to discuss. There was Spring Weather in OK last night. We just got thunderstorms and some wind. About an inch of rain. But there was bad stuff, really bad. The western and northwestern part of the state had tornadic storms. There is a very small town, Lone Grove, which is in the southern part of the state. Lone Grove is very small. And it was hit very hard. At least 8 deaths. The early reports were that it was an F2 or F3, which is about the mid-size tornado but any size can be bad. It's only mid-February. We still have several months to go before Tornado Season is over. Technically, Tornado Season hasn't even started yet. This is not good.

Froggy - you have to come see me this summer. My boss told me about a restaurant that I think would be fun. Toadles would probably like it even more, it has to do with model trains. But I think it would be fun and we could go on the way to or from Keystone Dam, which we haven't made it to in two years.

I still can't remember the other rambling thing, so I guess I'll post this and be done with it. I still have the DuhWannas but not as bad. I think I'll go see if there is any chocolate left, Bill was working his way through the bag I bought today when I came back to the office to blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were coming to see Froggy this summer.

Kid Number 3

Anonymous said...

Froggy agrees. YOu should come see me this summer. Smart Kid Number 3.