Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maybe A Stormy Thursday Night

It's cloudy and breezy. Which is not unusual for this part of the world at this time of year. However, it was warm today. Very warm, like in the 70's to 80's. Which is not good for this time of year. There is a storm possibility, but the weather line is supposed to be well west of us. Supposed to be and Actually is are not the same things, the forecasters don't seem to really know what they are doing. So we could get rain, or we might not get anything. I was going to water the tulip bed, but if I do water then we'll have a lot of rain. If I don't water, we won't have any. If we don't get any rain tonight, I'll get out there in the morning and water everything. But tonight's tv viewing will depend entirely on if it rains. Because if it does, even if it's not in our area and won't ever be in our area, that is all that will be on tv!

Froggy, you commented about the churn and the blue vase. I remember the blue vase, I also remember you wanting it for as long as I can remember it. Mom did know what she was doing, we each got what we wanted and we each have things to treasure. You also asked about Dad's roll-top desk. Did you and Toadly sell it at the yard sale? Or maybe Corky got it? I don't really know what happened to it. I still come across things that I got from their stuff but have forgotten about.

Blogger is acting strange this afternoon. Hopefully, this will all post. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Otter's school play is tonight and tomorrow night. She's not in the play, but she is working as an usher. Drama students have to work at least one night or attend the play, as part of their grade, even if they are not in it. She did try out, but there were very few parts for girls and a lot of girls tried out. She worked the last one as an usher and enjoyed it. We have to leave in about a hour, then I have to go back and get her about 8:45 or thereabouts. Hopefully, it won't be raining!

Back to the weather for a moment. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow and then we have a cold front coming in tomorrow night. Back to the 30's overnight, but I don't know if it will freeze or not. But Saturday is supposed to be in the low 40's, which seems to be the pattern lately. I'll bring in firewood, just in case.
It's Otter's turn to pick our movie to watch on Saturday. She wanted a Futurama movie, there are two out that we haven't seen and she wanted to get the first of the two. They tend to go in order, so it's best to watch them that way. The video store didn't have it, I asked the clerk and it turned out that someone stole it. They cut open the plastic case and took the dvd out of it! How tacky is that? She said that they have another one on order, so we will eventually see it. But I'm still just amazed that someone would do that. Otter chose Prince Caspian, the next installment in the Narnia series since we haven't seen it, either.
We had already decided that whatever movie she chose was a popcorn movie - we don't make popcorn that often, but we will this Saturday. On the stove, like Mom used to make for us. But I use canola oil. It's one of the few things I use salt on. I'm not sure when Mom taught me to make popcorn, but it seems like we had it a lot when I was growing up. Along with bacon and tomato sandwiches. Froggy & Toadly, got any family food memories? I think we've discussed Aunt Jessie's meatless hamburger and Dad's burned french fries already, but they are still funny stories. I know we've also talked about Mom's dumplings.
Well, I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead since Blogger is acting up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about the popcorn in the fireplace? That is the only thing I can think of tonight. I will think about it more and see what I remember. There was fudge on Halloween-Jessie made that. Froggy