Thursday, March 12, 2009

Birthdays

Today is Maggie Beagle's birthday. She's 5 years old. We don't really know when her birthday is, but we got her in early March as Otter's birthday present 3 years ago. She was two at the time. So Otter decided that Maggie Beagle's birthday should officially be March 12.

The reason? March 12 was Mom's birthday. Grammy was a very important person in her grandchildren's lives. Also her children's lives. We lost her in 2001, in April.

The last time I ever spoke to my mother was on her birthday that year. I called her on the phone, and even though her health was already very bad by that stage and her mental state wasn't always the best, she knew my voice and we had a good conversation. It was short, but it was still good. Because the last thing we ever said to each other was to say that we loved each other.

I miss you, Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I might make it through without tears today. Then I read your blog. It brought back many memories. Kid 3 called me today because she remembered it was Mom's birthday. I miss you too, Mom.
Froggy