Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Here's the proof! This is the one that was just beginning to open the last time I posted pictures. Obviously, it's red. None of the other buds are quite ready, but a couple of them are close.


Same flower, different angle.



The daffys are really close, they all seem to be loaded with buds.

The bluebonnet is still small, but it looks great. This is the size it should be, it's not stunted like the tulips. That's my hand in the picture this time. Last time, it was Otter's hand. But she was busy when I took the pictures, she is being my beast of burden today and watering everything. Three trees, each gets a full can of water. The tulips get most of a full can and the bluebonnet gets what's left. In other words, Otter has to keep making trips to the rain barrel and then has to carry a full watering can.

Hope it rains. Soon. The water level in the barrel is getting lower and lower.

I seriously considered stuffing Frasier into it yesterday! We have a large plastic barrel that we toss aluminum cans and foil into, then when it's full Bill takes it to the place that buys aluminum. Well, the barrel was full yesterday - we know this because Frasier was able to reach into it and take several cans out to their yard. Along with a few pieces of crumpled up foil. We know which dog it was, because Maggie is short. And fat, but mostly just short. But she came outside and watched me clean it all up. Frasier came outside with me, but then he realized what I was doing and he hightailed it back inside. Dog's smart. Too smart, sometimes.

Maggie didn't post a Monday entry, but she did want me to make sure I emphasized that SHE was innocent. This time anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers. We didn't have enough rain for my tulips and daffys
to bloom.
Lucky likes to get in our large recycling barrel also. She however is not smart enough yet to leave when we pick it up. She tries to get it back to play with or eat. She eats everything. The only thing that I know of that she doesn't eat yet-is aluminum bowls and carrots. I dropped a carrot and she chewed it for a while, then dropped it. Dogs. Froggy