Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally It's Friday!!

Frasier is off somewhere, probably in the back yard, so he's not going to have a Friday post. But he did tell me that he's happy because Bill opened the gate when he got home, so that Frasier and Maggie can play out in the big part of the back yard. He also wants me to tell you that he thinks that he should be called Song Dog now. It's another name for coyotes. I think he prefers to be called Song Dog over BigStink, which actually fits him very well. (BigStink fits him).

It has been a busy week and a fast one. I'm glad it's over, it wasn't a bad week but I am tired and really in need of a rest day tomorrow. I might spend it with a crochet hook in my hand all day. I have a few craft projects I might attempt. I don't have a lot to read, but I do have some books and that might occupy my mind tomorrow. In other words, whatever happens is whatever happens! But crochet will in all probability be part of it.

Bill's been working on cleaning off/out his work bench in the garage this afternoon. He had the day off, working for a school district is good because it means he gets lots of holidays. He came across a whole bunch of tools that he thought were lost forever, he threw out a lot of stuff and he also found some things that will be donated. He found the steel balls that he hasn't seen for years, they are cannon balls and I'm not sure where he got them. Possibly at an auction. He got them many years ago, when we still had the second Tagalong (dog) and that dog has been gone for at least 7 or 8 years. They are very heavy, Tagalong was so strong that he could actually pick them up and play with them. He was a very strong dog! Anyway, Bill has had no end of fun with comments about steel balls. I'm going to let you fill in the blanks on that one! (Remember if you comment, this is a profanity-free blog. I will delete if it's offensive).

He also found something for me. He came across it and he knew I'd love it, and he was right. It's a sadiron. Also known as a cast-iron antique iron. Not vintage, this one is antique. It's perfect, I didn't know I needed one but apparently I did! It's now sitting up on the hearth, I figured that the fireplace was a good place to keep it. Froggy, Mom had a couple of old irons that might have been out in her rock garden, do you remember them? This one is older. It's pretty rusty and the handle is no longer with it. Otter said that she's glad she lives now, instead of "back when" because she would not have wanted to iron clothes with it! I agree with her, at least as far as the iron goes.

This is going to sound strange, coming from me, but I really think that the press needs to cut Obama some slack! He said something on the Tonight Show last night that has been blown out of proportion - but then that's what the press does. I don't think he meant anything offensive, I think he probably should have thought before he spoke, but I don't really think he intended to be insulting. So, lay off please! (I know, if I'm defending him then it's the end of the world as we know it).
Otter went to work with me today, she helped me a lot this week and she has been paid. By 4 people! My 92-year old boss gave her a few bucks, the younger boss gave her money Tuesday, 92-year old's wife came in to see Otter and gave her money. Then, she collected from me for the work she did for me this week! Kid's made more money than I did this week, jeesh! :) AND I took her to the library, Arby's and Braum's today. She's got it made and she knows it. Spoiled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Obamma.
I really don't remember Mom having those kind of old irons at all. I don't know what happened to them.
I had a great week. All of my kids were home and I got to spend individual time with each one.
Speaking of Otter, I bet you paid at all the food places also. So she also got free food.
Froggy