Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dogs. Food. Weather. Prayers. Shopping. Crafts. Etc.

Or a little bit of everything today!

Dogs & Food. Froggy, Maggie loves carrots. I was cutting some up recently and a couple of slices bounced, then fell to the floor. Maggie being Maggie there was no way I could get them picked up before the dog got them. She carried them off to the living room and ate both of them. Then she came back in and begged for more. I gave her another one just to see if she really did like it, and I think she inhaled it because it disappeared so fast. Frasier tasted one and I think he likes them, but not as much as Maggie does.

Weather. No rain, we keep having chances but then it never happens. I think we are in for a dry spell, we've had extremely wet summers the last few but I think we are going to have a drier one this year.

Otter has had computer problems. She has had a problem with her email for a long time, emails just were not getting to her and Bill never could figure out the problem. Well, a couple of days ago her hard drive crashed. Bill replaced it and her computer is working faster and better than it ever did. I'm thinking that maybe the email problem might have had something to do with it, but I really don't know if that is possible so I might be way off base.

My friend Virginia retired on March 31. I think I mentioned that already. She doesn't have internet at home, she's not sure if it's going to be in their budget or not so we agreed that we would have to start writing old-fashioned letters and then sending them snail-mail. So I decided that stationary would be a good retirement gift for her. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find now? Nearly impossible. I have been to countless stores, the most I could find was either tiny things like post-its, grocery store list type paper or computer printer paper. Nobody has actual stationary or writing paper anymore! Well, I found school-type paper and spirals but I wanted real stationary. I was about at the point where I was going to give in and get pretty computer paper but I decided to give it one more shot. I went to Tuesday Morning on my lunch hour today. They had it! Not much, but at least they had it. I also found a blank journal there, I sent them both to her today. I guess that not too many people actually write real letters anymore. :(

I have an unspecified prayer request. It's for someone I know, the last name is Johnson, they had something very bad happen this week and I think that prayers would help them. Because of the nature of what happened, I'm not going into details. But prayers for healing, peace and justice would help.
Otter is going to work with me tomorrow. We hope to have lunch with Sweetie. Then after work we are going shopping! Michael's, here we come! I'm not sure what Otter is looking for, I don't even know if she's sure yet, but she's got the craft urge really strongly right now. She's like me, sometimes there will be a craft idea percolating in my brain but it takes it a while to totally emerge - kind of like an Alien, right Toadly? Anyway, she is her mother's daughter through and through and she's been crafting from a very early age. She still has the redecorating bug, by the way.
OK, I'm off to crochet for a while now. Froggy, I am nearly finished with what I'm working on for you. But I'm not sure if I'm going to make a few more yet, so I'm not actually going to send it to you for a little while after I get finished. I might also find additional pot holders in our thrifting adventures. How's the knitting going?

No comments: