Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Few Sunday Scrambled Thoughts

Daylight Savings Time is here! The dogs woke up at what they perceived to be breakfast time, but they were an hour early even by the previous standards. They were up at 5:30 on the clock, but it was 4:30 on the old clock. I would have let them wait a while, but Bill got up and fed them. Then when I got up, 6:30 new time 5:30 old time, they were already on their post-breakfast nap. Who knows what time tomorrow, since they have apparently decided to Fall Back instead of Spring Forward.

Bill is feeling a little better, but he was still awake most of last night. I woke up at 2:30, he was up then and had been for a couple of hours. I didn't sleep the best but I did sleep some, but Bill hardly slept at all. So we are staying home from church this morning and taking it easy. Bill is going to his dad's this afternoon, but I don't think he's got anything strenuous planned.

We might get a little more done in the garage today, it's mostly just a matter of finding places to put things and not anything really heavy. Bill has cleaned out a lot, he's thrown away about 10 trash bags worth of stuff and I have a trunk full of things to donate. This will be the 2nd donation trip from the garage clean out project. I've also taken a trunk load of boxes to the recycling center and there are still plenty more of them waiting.

The redecorating bug has now found a new home: It's visiting Otter! She wants to repaint her room, but she has found resistance in the form of her father. Of course, since she wants to paint it a dark blue I have to say that I agree with him on this one. She is redoing her decorative touches and indulging her crafty urges at the same time. She also wants to redo her bathroom, and I agree with her, but that would involve pulling down wallpaper and painting. Which would also possibly mean that she wants to replace all the decorative things in there. I'm on her side on that as well. Bill, however... Well, he's agreed to at least think about removing the wallpaper. One of his comments was that he didn't know when we would have the time to work on the wallpaper. But I reminded him of the fact that we are off the first week in July. He can keep coming up with stalling tactics, but we will eventually wear him down!

We didn't get any rain last night. But it has been very windy. (Flying beagle alert!) So most of our outdoor plans at this point are just to water a few places. Such as tulips! And bluebonnets. And trees. And mums. I think that's all of them. I still have quite a bit of water in the rain barrel, but it would be nice if it could be refilled soon.
It's a pizza for breakfast day today. We made pizza yesterday, the bread machine is wonderful for making pizza dough. But it makes enough for 4 pizzas. We tried cutting the recipe in half and making two, but the dough was too small to really mix well. They are not huge pizzas, but they are good. We usually eat about one and about 3/4 of another one and put the remaining 1/4 plus the other two in the fridge for the next day. We usually just have it for lunch or dinner the next day but it's breakfast today. Pizza is good for breakfast, although someone mentioned that they don't like it for breakfast - Toadly, I think it was you! The pizza we make is actually a lot more "healthy" than anything you can buy anywhere. I use my healthy butter substitute in the dough, we use fat-free shredded cheddar and motzerella. We do use pepperoni, but the rest of it is reasonably healthy. We experiment with the toppings, for example we've discovered that celery is really good on pizza. We tried a ham & pineapple pizza one but it wasn't that good. We have used leftover turkey on it before, which was pretty good. Sometimes we'll use ham but not often. It's really fun to make and always good! I think it's time for breakfast now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like pizza for breakfast. Toadly ate it with his granddaughter on his last trip.
bathrooms-We stripped off the wallpaper during the week and then over 1 weekend we redid both the bathrooms-paper, new cabinets, and some paint. So you can do it also.
#3 is going to repaint her bedroom over spring break. I am not sure on the final colors. I know that purple on 1 wall has been mentioned. The colors are up to her. Froggy

Anonymous said...

I ran out of space. We now have a rain barrel. It is sitting in my front yard on the side of the house. It has to be there because of Lucky. I hate to think how bad she would mess it up. We still have to put up the gutters. We are going to start with them in the front and then adding more later. OF course, since we haven't had rain in months, we do not have to be in a hurry. We do have a chance of rain this week. Froggy