Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tuesday!

It's been a busy day. It seems like it should be at least Thursday, but the last time I checked it was still Tuesday. Some weeks are like that, they seem to take forever. And then there are weeks that just rush by. This week is not one of them. But at least tomorrow is Wednesday, which is good because that means that the week will be half way over already. I like Wednesdays!

I have a prediction: it's going to be a bad spring. I'm talking allergies, not weather! Although there is a connection between the two. I'm thinking that this spring and summer will be bad seasons for us. Otter and I have both been fighting off allergy symptoms for the last few days. Mine are still tolerable and mostly confined to my head in the form of sinus pressure and a headache. And a little ear clogging! I have to keep adjusting one of my Fuze earbuds because every once in a while I can't hear on one side. I'm listening to the BeeGees today.

But Otter's allergies seem to be starting with her lungs. Sometimes that happens, with asthma. She has had to use her inhaler a little bit lately, she needed it at school yesterday. Last night, it looked like she might be about to start a flare but so far, so good today. With it being warmer, things are blooming a lot earlier than they normally do. Which is potentially a Very Bad Thing. She sees the allergist in two weeks for her regular follow-up. I know he's probably going to get on my about stopping the Singulair (or was it Claritan?), but it wasn't working at all.

I think I'm about to have a big-time creative spell. And I think it's going to involve yarn and crochet hooks. Now that I'm all finished up with my redecorating projects, I'm suddenly overcome by the urge to crochet! I have a few projects I want to finish up with my crochet and I am going to make a couple of hot pads for Froggy's collection. Sometimes I think that there needs to be a support group for yarn addiction. Hello, my name is Ottermom and I am addicted to crochet! I have been, ever since I took Home Ec in 6th grade and it was part of the curriculum. I taught Mom how to crochet and she really enjoyed it. Sometimes I get started and can't stop...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finished my knitting class tonight. Now I need to retake the beginners class. When the class started I had never even picked up knitting needles. Now I can cast on and do the knit stitch. The next beginners class is already full, so I have to wait for the one after that. I will keep working on what I know and check out kids books on knitting. They are easier to follow than the adult books.
We are still having mountain cedar, ash and now oak pollen is coming in. Ash and Oak get me and when you add those to mountain cedar, they really bother me. So I know what you mean about it being a bad year. We have not had enough cold weather or rain so things will be bad. Froggy