Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ever Have One of Those Days?

I've had one today. All over the place!

It actually started at midnight last night. That's when Bill's Blackberry PDA reset itself and decided that we needed the alarm to go off. It's a strange sound, and it took me several minutes to find where the beeping noise was coming from. Bill slept right through it, even though it was on the nightstand on his side of the bed. I didn't sleep too well after that.

Then I discover while I'm making breakfast that I have a sick kid. She had a very sore throat and felt cruddy. No fever at least. So she stayed home and Bill stayed home with her. She feels a little better this afternoon, but not the best yet. Her throat is still sore but not as bad, however she now says that she's cold and can't really get warm enough. Not a good sign!

Then I get to work and attempt to use my typewriter. Yes, I still have one! There are a few times a year when I need an actual typewriter. It's ancient and cranky, but when I need it I Really Need it. Today was one of those Really Need times. So of course, when I turn it on - it won't turn on. I tried plugging it in in a couple of different outlets, but it didn't help. Not too many people carry typewriters anymore, but hopefully one will show up somewhere. It's at work, so I don't have to pay for it. But I will probably have to do the footwork to find one!

Stuff like that has been happening all day long. It's also been raining, and we had another hail storm. Not bad, but there was a lot of rain and quite a bit of wind. We are expecting another round of thunderstorms that should start tonight and could go all night. Then tomorrow, we get to go back to Winter. I need to get to the grocery store, but I was just too tired today. I hate to go on Fridays, and I really hate to go when we have a weather situation on the way. But I'm not going today, so I'll just fight the Friday crowd and any potential last-minute storm supply shoppers tomorrow!

Sure hope I sleep tonight, because if that Blackberry decides to reset tonight I think I'm going to go find a hammer!

Of course, it we have thunderstorms it won't matter. Because I'll be awake then anyway!

I think I'm going to go find a doggie to play with now. Although with the way this day has been, one of them will probably ralph or something. Urg.

No comments: