Monday, March 30, 2009

I Don't Think

That we'll get any more birthday cakes from Wallyworld! At least not if we have to order them. I placed the order for Otter's cake last Thursday. I showed the girl exactly what I wanted. I specified exactly what colors (blue and purple). I specified the exact icing. I specified (more than once!) that there could be NO chocolate because of Otter's allergy and I did tell her (more than once) the reason for no chocolate.

So I get there today at the appointed time and watch as the two girls working go get an undecorated and entirely ORANGE cake from the refrigerated area. I spoke up right then and told them that I'd ordered blue & purple and also told them that the cake they were about to decorate wasn't even anywhere near what I had picked out. The answer: "Oh, you wanted only blue & purple?" Well, yeah!

Texas Woman was starting to whisper in my ear at this point. That's not a good sign!

Well, the cake they had was entirely orange - no blue or purple anywhere! I told them that it was not what I wanted but that I was running out of time so it might work although it was obviously not what I had ordered, but that there had better be no chocolate. The answer: "Oh, you didn't want chocolate?". Duh!

That's when Texas Woman really started to rattle the bars of her cage.

So I let her out to play.

The upshot is that I now have a cake that is still not what I ordered, but is a lot closer. The icing is buttercream, even though I ordered whipped icing. The cake is white, which they both told me they would guarantee - if we cut into it tomorrow and it turns out to be chocolate or marbled, Otter wants to go with me when I go back there (and let Texas Woman out to play again.) There is a little bit of blue on the cake, along with some reddish, and the writing is at least in purple. Also, there are a few purple flowers.
But it is the last decorated cake we buy from Wally unless I am able to pick one out and have it decorated right then.
Otter thinks that it's a funny story.
At least it's not one we would see on Cakewrecks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go complain to the manager or go online and complain. They need to know about this.
Froggy