Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday's Adventures

It was kind of a long day, slow at work, but it turned out to be a pretty good day.***

Otter went with me to work, which is always fun, and we met Sweetie for lunch at our favorite Mexican place. We had a really good visit. Then after work, Otter and I decided to hit a thrift store on the way home. This is the "expensive" one where I found the Fenton last week - we hardly ever find anything there. Otter found a pair of shorts, she is now up to a total of 2 pairs for the summer so we'd better get busy! I found a really cute wooden Texas shaped plaque that is painted with bluebonnets, so that was good. But the real score was the fact that I found dishes. In my pattern. Almost 2 whole sets - dinner plates, bowls, bread plates (the small ones are sometimes called dessert plates). For 99 cents each. I got 19 pieces total. For less than one set cost me when I bought them new. So it was a very good thrift shopping outing! And now we have enough plates. I didn't really need the small plates or the bowls, but I know that if I passed them up somebody would probably break most of the bowls or small plates we had. Murphy's law, you know? :) They look like they have not been used or only very lightly used, no usage marks, chips, etc. and the colors are very bright still. I still would like to find a few more of the drinking glasses, since I've broken a couple of them!

No Fenton, though.

But I'm not complaining. I'm happy with what we did find. There is more Fenton out there waiting for me to find it. And we really did need the plates.
Otter has decided to go to work with me tomorrow. I think it might have been the fact that I bribed her with a trip to Arby's for lunch. And the library. And ice cream. She works cheap!
I've put off my laundry long enough. I have to get at least a load done, otherwise Sunday will be spent doing laundry and nothing else. Have I mentioned how much I hate doing laundry? Well, I do. But it doesn't do itself, unfortunately.
***Spectacular news in a few days!

No comments: